Journal formatting is a crucial task in journal publishing. Sometimes the paper might be rejected in the preliminary stages of peer review because of the non-adherence to journal guidelines. Every journal has set standard author guidelines, which the author must adhere to while preparing a manuscript for submission.
Editing Assist helps you carry out flawless formatting task by preparing your manuscript I strict adherence to the journal guidelines. Formatting requires adequate knowledge regarding Microsoft word features. We follow this 5-step process to journal formatting
1. You send us the final version of the file that you wish to submit. This is usually unformatted.
2. You let us know your target journal
3. Our editorial team will study the journal guidelines and keep a note of it.
4. Then, we will format your paper in accordance to the journal guidelines.
5. Prepare designated layout and formatting style.
6. Arrange texts, paragraphs and figures within a specified margin and page layout.
7. Ensure that the manuscript is ready for final publication
8. Use the desired word template, if available.
9. Format references as per the given style.
10. Validate the references, if required.
11. Send the formatted file back to you.
12. You can let us know in case you want any modifications.
At editing Assist, we will help you in format your manuscript accurately for the target journal to ensure that your manuscript is not returned from editorial office, and is peer reviewed.
To retain consistency in the reference list and easy to read across different papers there are predefined styles stating how to set them out - these are called citation styles. Journals prefer to each use different styles. The following are the most popular:
APA- APA is an author/date based style. This means emphasis is placed on the author and the date of a piece of work to uniquely identify it.
MLA. MLA is most often applied by the arts and humanities.
Harvard. Harvard is very similar to APA. APA is primarily used in the USA, Harvard referencing is the most preferred style in the UK and Australia, and is used in many humanities journal.
AMA is the style for American medical association. It is widely used for styling the medical science journal. Infact, The AMA Manual of Style is a must-have guide for anyone involved in medical and scientific publishing.